2/06/2013

PHRASAL VERBS


PHRASAL VERBS:

Complete with the following phrasal verbs: put off, get on, put out, make up, find out, give up, take after, take off.


  1. I really have to _________ smoking. I have chronic cough.
  2. The plane ________ at 17:45.We have to hurry up!
  3. We had to ________ the meeting because nobody appeared.
  4. We have to _______ the bus or it won't wait for us. 
  5. I really like my sister-in-law, we ________ very well.
  6. People say that I _______ my father. They say that we resemble in appearance and character.
  7. The police _______ where the criminal worked.
  8. Mark told me that Susan is living in China, but I think he ____ it ____. He is a liar.
  9. The ashtray is beside you. Could you ________ my cigar for me, please?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Solutions:


  1. Give up
  2. Take off
  3. Put off
  4. Get on
  5. Get on
  6. Take after
  7. Found out
  8. Made it up
  9. Put out


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario